We are now seeking to recruit a commercially astute Accounts Payable Administrator to join our Finance Team at the M11 Business Park in Stansted.
The role of Accounts Payable administrator is to manage supplier accounts, to ensure that all invoices are processes accurately and in a timely manner in line with company policy and available for payment to be made.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Logging preliminary invoices as received
- Ensuring all invoices are fully approved to enable payment to be made and in line with the company authorisation policies and guidance. This will either be via a 3-way match process or processing of an invoice if it has been fully authorised (only in agreed circumstances).
- Managing a portfolio of suppliers and assisting other administrators as required to:
- Carry out supplier accounts reconciliations to statements in line with agreed policy and ensuring the goods received not invoiced accounts (GRNI) for these suppliers are up to date and relevant.
- Ensuring that all invoices for direct debits and standing orders are followed up and processed in a timely manner
- Ensuring that final invoices are obtained for pro-forma invoices and processed in a timely manner / ensuring no risk of duplicate payments.
- Management of credit notes and returns to suppliers to ensure payments not made where a credit it due
- Carry out credit checks on high risk / strategic suppliers
- Ensuring the preliminary log is kept up to date
- Maintain continuous contact with our supplier base and internal stake holders to ensure strong communication with all parties
- Effective management of invoice processing with no duplication of payments
- Compliance with all legislative requirements including but not restricted to VAT, intrastate, P11D charge identification and corporation tax requirements.
- Where required assist / manage:
- The posting of expenses, purchasing cards and credit card processes
- Preparation of payment runs and the sending out of remittance advices
- Set up new supplier accounts – including the setup of bank accounts, terms and classification of supplier for the approvals process
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly tasks related to banking and reconciliations as required.
- Other analytical and review tasks as required to balance time and deliverables across the finance team. This may include all aspects of the credit controllers role on a regular basis including calling customers to collect debt, resolving customer issues and reconciling debt ledgers.
The role requires the individual to have a high level of integrity and an ability to focus in on the detail to deliver high standards of work.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge :
- Accounts Payable experience
- Working on multi-company ledgers using one system (desirable)
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Ability to build relationships with people of all levels both within the organisation and externally with suppliers and to use these relationships to deliver exceptional results.
- Knowledge of legislative requirements (desirable)
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
- GCSE level maths qualification