Territory: UK & Ireland
From ground-breaking ophthalmic screening that could save your eyesight, to connectors that carry power and data signals through the most hazardous and challenging environments, our products are about solving pressing problems through lateral thinking, practical engineering and cutting-edge technology. Employing over 1,000 people, we deliver these solutions to more than 7,000 distribution partners spanning more than 125 countries, with over 100,000 end-users across all seven continents – and in outer space.
We create and develop products for the networked, always-on world. Products that monitor, control and connect. Products used in thousands of ways that affect our everyday lives. Combining the dynamism of a start-up with the resources of a global player, Elektron Technology is home to a diverse collection of brands : Bulgin, Checkit, Queensgate Nano, Elektron Eye Technology and Sheen Instruments.
Bulgin is widely recognised as a leading manufacturer of environmentally sealed connectors and components. With over 95 years of experience in the industry, Bulgin continues to innovate and develop products and services to cater for its global customer base across a variety of markets.
Working for the Bulgin Division you will be responsible for the promotion and sales development for Bulgin range of connectors and switches.
The Role :
Reporting to the Head of Bulgin Sales, this position is pivotal to the success of the Elektron Group Bulgin EMEA sales strategy. You will be responsible for developing existing and new sales opportunities within you territory. The role will focus on demand creation and account management through the development of Strategic / Blue Chip OEM accounts together with developing a strong business partnership with our key distribution partners who include Catalogue, Pan-European and Specialists. You will be expected to take ownership and management of your region that will ensure continued sales growth and profitability for the organisation. This position will require the flexibility to travel extensively in order to provide the necessary customer facing meetings and will therefore require staying away from home on a frequent basis.
Responsibilities include :
- Formulating a sales strategy for your region that secures significant and profitable business growth therefore ensuring that sales and margin targets are met for all Bulgin brands.
- Promoting existing and new products and value added service opportunities through direct contact and relationship development with key strategic / Blue Chip customers to ensure that product are designed in at the earliest possible stage, and specified
- Working closely with product Management and engineering staff on NER opportunities
- Providing monthly sales forecasting and activity and opportunity reports for your region through our Sales Force database management system.
- Ensuring that the Sales visits plans are planned well in advance and are visible for senior managers to view through Sales Force or any other reporting management system.
- Participating in the preparation of the annual budget and its execution for the region
- Participating at Exhibitions or Customer Tech days
- Liaising with Customer Services on a regular basis to discuss customer / distributor issues
- Mentoring, training, supporting and inspiring the Distribution Sales Channel ensuring we are receiving the necessary focus and commitment in order to drive the Connectivity brands that will intern contribute towards the overall growth and profitability of the company.
- Organising Quarterly Business Review meetings with your local distributors to review all aspects of the business which will include, Agreeing budgets/targets, Project, Quote, POS, Inventory report analysis, Joint customer visits, Product training and Mar-com activities
- Ensuring continual feedback of any market information that we beneficial to our business, this includes Technology or Market Trends, Competitor information, Market pricing
Experience & Qualifications :
We are looking for a well-rounded, versatile dynamic Sales professional with the drive, enthusiasm and "can do" attitude to help deliver the substantial growth expectations and the Elektron Group's EMEA sales strategy. Ideally you will have :
- Good Electronics or Business Qualification or similar by demonstrable experience
- Proven sales experience, including demonstrable demand creation experience and success of developing Strategic OEM accounts as well as Distribution Channel Management experience in both technical /commercial environment
- Experience in connectors and or switches is essential
- Be PC literate to a high level