Elektron Eye Technology is home to the Henson Perimeters and the Macular Pigment Screener (MPS II).
They are the ophthalmic instruments of choice for eye care professionals involved in the screening and monitoring of glaucoma and age-related macular degeneration (AMD). Designed in partnership with respected eye care professionals, their accuracy, efficiency and ease of use ensures that they meet the needs of optometrists and ophthalmologists, as well as the patients they work with every day.
We are now looking for an International Account Manager, who will be responsible for developing long-term relationships with customers and overseeing sales.
As an Account Manager, you should work to satisfy customers’ needs and requests, respond to their queries in a timely manner and aspire to deliver a positive customer experience. You should have excellent communication and negotiation skills and be customer service oriented.
Ultimately, you should be able to grow our business by building successful, long-term client relationships.
- Developing new business in assigned product sector, using existing and potential customer networks
- Manage existing accounts to achieve long-term success
- Act as the point of contact and handle customers’ individual needs
- Resolve conflicts and provide solutions to customers in a timely manner
- Report on the status of accounts and transactions
- Develop strategy by country for sales of key products
- Monitor competitor activity
- Set and track sales account targets, aligned with company objectives
- Monitor sales metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Suggest actions to improve sales performance and identify opportunities for growth
- Source and engage with key opinion leaders in various countries
- Keep up to speed with advances in treatment for and research into glaucoma by reading clinical data.
- Strong commercial acumen is essential
- Proven experience as a Sales account manager or Sales account executive within the field of glaucoma and/or AMD
- Hands on experience in sales and an ability to deliver excellent customer experience
- Knowledge of CRM software and MS Office (MS Excel in particular)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- An ability to deliver projects and answer inquiries on time
- Business acumen with a problem-solving attitude
- Degree/qualification in optometry or relevant field
- Knowledge to clinical level, of glaucoma and visual field testing
- Ability to spend 50% time travelling
Tenacious, commercial, ability to work autonomously, determined, self- driven.