Elektron Eye Technology (EET) designs and manufactures cutting-edge ophthalmic screening devices for detecting and managing glaucoma and AMD risk. EET sells its products via a network of distribution partners to eye care professionals across the globe.
The marketing function in Elektron Eye Technology is seeking to recruit a Marketing Assistant who will be responsible for assisting with the research and creation of various marketing collateral, events organisation and the implementation of a CRM system for capturing all interactions with distribution partners, along with supporting other marketing-related activity for the business.
Working closely with the Marketing Manager, you must be interested in, or willing to learn about, eye health and technology, with a critical and analytical mindset. You must be organised, with the capacity to plan for and execute events, and have strong communication and interpersonal skills for interacting with team members, designers and distribution partners are also important.
Typical activities will include :
- Using and interpreting competitor information and a solid understanding of EET products to create marketing materials for distribution partners (e.g. competitor information sheets, presentations, product videos)
- Writing clear briefs for and liaising closely with graphic designers
- Planning for and delivering events in key EET target markets (e.g. US) – handling all admin, logistics and supporting related promotional activity
- Supporting the Marketing Manager with the implementation of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system for capturing team-wide interactions with distribution partners
- Systematic engagement with distribution partners to gather point of sale and inventory data and product-related feedback
- Updating of company (elektron-eye-technology.com) website with new product information and collateral as relevant
- Involvement in the management and evaluation of agency partners (e.g. social media company; Google AdWords contractor, website agency)
- Devising digital or print advertising campaigns for EET and/or in collaboration with key partners
- Raising of purchase orders and monitoring of invoice payments related to marketing activity
- Other reasonable activities in support of the EET marketing function
As a minimum you will possess :
- Good degree in a relevant subject (arts/business/science) or relevant experience
- Excellent analytical skills
- Systematic and organised
- Commercially aware and confident communicator
- Creative and motivated to learn
The role would be of interest to a newly qualified graduate interested in exploring a career in marketing as well as a more experienced candidate. Salary offered will depend on level of experience.