This is an opportunity to further your career in one of the most challenging Electro-mechanical (Instrumentation) industries. Working as a Production Supervisor/Planner for Elektron Technology Ltd is a unique opportunity for a self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible person to join a world class company at our consolidated factory site in West Molesey.
The successful candidate will be expected to ensure that the production plan is set, that target and deadlines are met to ensure that all shop orders are planned and completed on time, and that customer orders are available in stock, ready for the promised delivery date, ensuring an excellent customer service at all times. You will work on a range of products and immediately engage into a commercially driven and multi-disciplined team.
Responsibilities include :
- Take responsibility for the team in terms of management of staff, management of production and quality targets and to ensure the smooth running of the production processes in line with the Company’s systems, processes and procedures.
- Be part of the production process to ensure targets are met which include duties such as:-
- Testing of various Electronic/Electrical products
- Test & repair to component level
- Analyse faults and advise on corrective actions
- Carry out quality checks on goods in to ensure high standards of manufacture are being achieved
- Support and design test equipment/setups to aid in the production QA process
- Assembly of quality critical products using sign-off sheets and QA throughout the build
- Report processes using ERP/computer system
- Manage and develop production team to achieve established goals of safety, environmental performance, production volume, quality, service, and cost.
- Planning site resource to achieve monthly sales output which can be a combination of factored and manufactured goods and monitoring it continually
- Engage/Lead Continuous improvement activities relating to process flow, assembly time and internal logistics.
- Liaisons with third party contractors and suppliers to meet equipment and/or repair needs (as and when required).
- Review, maintain and make recommendations regarding safety, environmental performance, quality, expenses, productivity, and customer feedback.
- In conjunction with the Operations Manager, develop and/or implement departmental reporting as and when required.
- Manage material issues, resource constraints and any other delays that affect the production plan such that production can be re-scheduled in order to meet customer/stock demand.
- Provide Weekly/Monthly updates on department performance, including on time delivery (shop orders & customer orders), output vs target, shortages, and other issues affecting output.
- Understand and use ERP system to enable system interrogation to ensure that production plan can be met.
- Assisting production/mechanical and electrical engineers with technical file review – answering questions regarding bill of materials, providing drawings, liaising with production staff regarding changes.
- Complete ‘ECR’ activities for any modifications to existing products
- Creating, maintaining and closing shop orders
- Liaising with procurement staff to ensure all parts are available for manufacture
Person Specification :
Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience in Production Supervision/Planning with knowledge and experience in the production of electronic instrumentation equipment electro mechanical assemblies and systems in a high precision, high value and low volume environment.
- A comprehensive understanding of MRP/ERP systems.
- Solid experience in electronics/mechanical manufacturing processes.
- Excellent and proven understanding of manufacturing control/planning systems.
- Effective leadership skills to manage and motivate production team.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to meet targets and deadlines.
- An approachable manner and good communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Effective decision making skills, whilst under pressure.
- The ability to write clear reports and compile accurate records.
- A willingness to work flexibly.
- A proven awareness of health and safety issues.
- Exposure to continuous improvement &/or lean manufacturing techniques, e.g. 5S, Kaizen.
- Ability to read technical drawings and documents.
- Organised, accurate and an attention to detail & quality is essential.
- Highly results orientated; strong drive to deliver.
- Pro-active and flexible with a can-do attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Proficient in all MS Office packages.
- High standard of numeracy and literacy.