As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for the whole life cycle of business critical projects according to strict deadlines and within forecasted budgets.
Responsibilities include :
- Project Management
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business objectives in collaboration with Senior Management team and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans to include schedules, budgets, resource allocations, risk strategies and associated communications documents.
- Manage appropriate compliance as part of the product development cycle.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion; liaising with project stakeholders on an on-going basis.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of resources; determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate appointments if necessary during project cycle.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Effectively delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and the critical path.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential problem points and devise contingency plans.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, encouraging them to take positive action and be accountable for their work areas.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct post project analysis and create a project close report including a lessons learned section.
Person Specification :
Skills, Experience and Knowledge :
- Proven strong experience in project management capacity in an NPD / NPI environment.
- Experience in taking product through DoC / compliance processes.
- A track record of being able to deliver first-class results by effectively managing and motivating a project team.
- An ability to deal with shifting priorities, demands and timelines using a sound analytical and systematic approach whilst always keeping the Business Case for the project as the focus.
- Strong familiarity with project management software & methodologies, such as Microsoft Project, JIRA, Prince2, Agile, Scrum, etc.
- Broad knowledge of hardware, mechanical and software engineering with a specialism in at least one of these disciplines.
- Self-motivated and able to lead others.
- The ability to know when to use an authoritarian approach over a more collaborative approach and the gravitas to carry it off.
- The ability to elicit co-operation from a wide variety of sources, including all levels of Management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
Personal Qualifications :
- Educated to at least Degree Level or equivalent, ideally in a technical discipline.
- A relevant Project Management qualification e.g. Certified Project Manager (CPM), Advance Project Management Certification (APMC), Prince2 Practitioner, Scrum Master or equivalent would be very beneficial.