Our Checkit product is a pioneering end-to-end IoT sensor network aimed at the Hospitality, Pharmaceutical and Catering industries. The technology involved ranges from small embedded ZigBee sensors, Bluetooth sensors, embedded Linux PCs and Android handsets, through to Amazon Web Servers running cloud based applications and databases.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, experienced Web Developer to take up a key development role within Checkit development team working on both cloud and embedded technologies. The myriad of technologies involved in this role makes this a hugely challenging and rewarding position.
- Designing and developing high quality, testable software in both cloud and embedded applications.
- Contributing to discussions involving the architecture of our applications.
- Debugging applications to support our customer service team in the field.
- Ensuring that software is delivered to a high standard and is properly tested.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- Minimum of 5 years developing web technologies
- Agile software development using Scrum and/or Kanban
- Personable, commercially aware, customer facing
- Experience in working in close cooperation with other engineering disciplines, DevOps, marketing and product management
- Comfortable in designing and developing RESTful web services.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT
- Comfortable implementing Unit/performance/integration Testing
- Single page applications frameworks such as AngularJS.
In addition to this, any of the following would be advantageous:
- Knowledge of NodeJS and the frameworks available for it.
- Non-SQL databases e.g. MongoDB, DynamoDB
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Scripting in Bash or Python
- Use of a project management tool such as Jira.
- Web protocols such as MQTT or HTTP(S)
- Cloud based development through AWS or equivalent.
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies such as HTML and CSS
- A good degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Good verbal and written communication skills including the ability to read, write and speak English
- Strong interpersonal skills