31/07/2017 - 00:00
As Test and Approvals Engineer the role will be diverse, however, specific responsibilities include:
- Produce with minimal supervision, formal test and validation data, reports relating to budgets, project time-scales, industry and quality standards.
- Document high quality experimental work in accordance with industry and company standards
- Understand and maintain legally required procedures relating to support of CE and ENEC marking.
- Contact with international approval bodies including but not limited to BSI, VDE, UL, CSA etc to establish pricing and timescales for formal marking approvals.
- Assemble and create detailed documentation, sample packages, product and design descriptions required by approval bodies for the certification process.
- Liaison with approval bodies engineers to understand and resolve all issues arising during the certification process.
- Assist with the build and testing of prototype products.
- Analyse problems / undertake research or testing to aid the resolution of design or quality issues.
- Present work to management / project team.
- Technical report writing for internal and external publication.
- Support the sales team when required with queries relating to product testing and approvals
Skills, Experience and Knowledge (required as a miminum) :
- Well organised & practical approach with a good attention to detail, ability to work autonomously.
- Sound knowledge of electromechanical design (fibre optic would be advantageous)
- Awareness of international standards and the approval process
- Able to provide guidance on international approval requirements to the design team
- Exposure to plastic moulding would be an advantage
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Clear and effective presentation skills
- Degree (or equivalent) or suitable level of experience
- Will have attended recognised courses in relevant fields such as EMC, LVD, CE
- UK car driving licence
- Current passport